Well, the missus and I did more home repairs than we ever wanted to this week. We busted down a house full of tile, watched someone else drop down carpet and granite counter tops (that's granite counter tops, not carpet and granite, because that would be weird), and finally, on Friday, we got our stuff delivered. The movers were supposed to unpack our stuff, but they basically took the stuff out of boxes and threw it wherever they could find. We should not have had the movers come on a Friday afternoon, but I guess we know for next time. So now we are sitting amidst the harrowing stacks of clothes and toys. Good thing we don't have any friends out here yet, we would hate for them to see our house like this. Sometime in the next four years, we will get it all picked up and put away. Things are good though as we search for our next crappy car. Sarah and her frugal self refuses to pay over $4000 for a car, so we have been sifting through a ton on Hyundai and Isuzu Trooper ads on Craig's List. The front running cars at this point is a sleek looking 2000 Pontiac Grand Am (that resides in Alabama, to which I drove today to test-drive)and a Honda Civic that we can't get the seller to respond to our inquiries. Sarah originally said that in two years we can buy ourselves a really nice, new car (with her phat RN paychecks). Now she says we will buy another car when we need one. The good news is, spending 2500 bucks on a car means we will need a new one sooner rather than later! I'm thinking something from the year 2000 on, up to and including 2001 and perhaps 2002. I guess I should start collecting Matchbox cars, 'cuz that will be the closest thing I may ever see to a new car in my lifetime. We have until Monday at 6 p.m., when the rental car is due back to make a final decision. We'll probably end up with the Grand Am, because I am quickly becoming my parents. Maybe we can get two matching ones like my parent's did back in the day. Actually, I believe my parents' matching red Grand Ams were newer than the car we will most likely purchase, but that is neither here nor there. Thanks for visiting. We miss you all. If you come to visit, bring a hammer and I'll put you to work.
Love,
Mark,Sarah,and Mavrik (who is no longer constipated!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dont buy the grand am! please you will need therapy if you do. can you imagine. dad wont get any cleaning supplies if you dont buy it from greiner. what will he do with himself? per the email you recieved well be out to flordia sooner than later! flordia is kinda like hawaii.. have fun unpacking. buy me a ticket and ill do it for you! see ya love you both!
Post a Comment