Mavrik sooo could have walked 4 months ago when he first started to climb the couch! His balance and strength have been great…the problem is that he’s just a little scaredy-cat when it comes to walking (that, and he just feels way to comfortable crawling-he’s been doing that for 8 months now!). I know, I know... everyone develops at their own pace. Well, he finally took complete steps by himself about 2 weeks ago, by way of distraction. He was so busy watching the other kids at the park that he didn’t notice that Mommy wasn’t helping him anymore and he was still walking. I knew he could do it if he just tried! The hard part is getting him to keep trying. Here’s footage of us trying to help motivate him (we went to the beach/park for the day):
Check out this new footage from today.
I guess he finally decided that walking might be kinda fun...
4 comments:
What a handsome boy! His walking skills are great!!! I'm impressed with how well he attempts standing on his own. Give him a hug from Grandma Lazane!!!
Yay!!!!! Go Mavrik! He looks so excited and proud of himself when he does it. What a great kid! You must have been so excited! Anny walked at 15 months, and we were soooo excited, we just sat in the living room, watching her toddle around, instead of watching TV. We couldn't get tired of it, we were so proud of her. I wish I had read this earlier, I would have tried to see him do it at church today!
He really will be driving soon if that's what motivates him! He looks so tall and old to be toddling. What a crack up! Chloe sends you a heart and a flower and a bow.
Yeay for Mavrik!! Such cute videos! He is getting so big and looks like a little boy!! We miss you guys!
Post a Comment